The foot is often neglected in work out routines. However, it plays a vital role in providing stability and balance for our entire body. Try following exercises:
The Vele/Skier exercise is designed to stabilize your foot muscles.
1. Start by standing a few inches from the wall.
2. Slowly lean towards the wall making sure to bend at the ankles and not through the back.
3. Try to touch your nose to the wall, feeling your feet muscles grip the ground (you do not need to actually touch your nose to the wall).
4. Return to neutral and repeat for 10 reps. Perform 3-4 sets per day.
5. Make sure that you are leaning forward and not bending at the waist.
The toe grip is another easy, but simple exercise designed to strengthen your foot muscles and improve balance:
1. Drop a sock on the floor and use your toes to grip and lift it off the floor.
2. Hold for 10 seconds, then release.
3. Repeat five times with each foot.
If you or any one you know is experiencing foot pain, call our office to schedule a visit. Stay active!